Thursday 13 December 2012

Welcome to the Mean Girls of Capitol Hill Tumblr


As much shit as I get my male friends, I think I'm finally happy to finally announce their own identity in the online world ... Yes, I am a big fan of the movie Mean Girls. I hate it or love it, the movie is downright hilarious. Since it came directly from a single high school, the timing of the movie to be better, and that it was written by comic genius that is Tina Fey just solidified that it is a film that should always hold a special place in my heart.

My affinity for the movie, and memorable quotes is probably one of the driving forces of why I fell in love with one of the newest Tumblrs developing countries, "Mean Girls of Capitol Hill." Like many other "than of" Tumblrs, it combines the nerdiness policy components, the current Zeitgeist of popular culture to be as funny and relevant jokes about politicians. In the specific case of this Tumblr, it adheres to some of my favorite quotes from the movie Mean Girls, and then combine them with photos of politicians, spiritual, funny jokes that probably the only people in my age demographic would be laughter. Tumblr itself is the brainchild of Ellie Hall, a former NBC News employee and productive Tumblr user. Hall is slated to run BuzzFeed as a reporter in January, and judging by his other successful pop culture mashup Tumblrs you arrested § 2012 and Barack Legi-Slayer, it should be no surprise that he takes a gig working Funniest people online.

Since I am sure that all the girls fans / Politics Mean nerds out there do not want to jump right into the good stuff, I do not like you back: here are a few of my favorite memes from Mean Girls Capitol Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment